THE LIVING END only Sydney show for ages just announced
THE LIVING END TO HEADLINE THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN OF SURFING AT MANLY BEACH, SYDNEY
FREE PERFORMANCES ON [V] MUSIC STAGE
17 & 18 FEBRUARY FROM 4:00PM
Titans of rock, The Living End, are set to invade iconic Manly Beach when they headline the inaugural Australian Open of Surfing music line-up, hitting the [V] MUSIC STAGE at one of two free concerts to be held on Friday 17 and Saturday 18 February. Presented by Hurley and Billabong, the Australian Open of Surfing will bring nine days of world-class surf, skate and music to Sydney from February 11-19, 2012.
The three-piece powerhouse joins a primo line-up of homegrown acts including Children Collide, Sneaky Sound System, Bluejuice, Stonefield and Grant Smillie.
The free, all ages the Australian Open of Surfing concerts kick off on Friday 17 February at 4:00pm with DJ/Producer supremo, Grant Smillie, kings of the dancefloor, Bluejuice and maestros of electropop, Sneaky Sound System all set to take the sand by storm. The music continues on Saturday 18 February at 4:00pm when sisters who shred, Stonefield, along with indie rock heroes, Children Collide and high energy ARIA winner – Australia’s best live band , The Living End, take to the stage, guaranteeing maximum rock ‘n’ roll.
The Living End can’t wait to takeover Manly Beach, says drummer, Andy Strachan, “If someone was to ask me what my favourite combo was, I'd say bacon and eggs, or smoked salmon and capers, or cold beer and chips or... surfing and rock ‘n’ roll! At last, my two biggest passions have come together and the best job in the world has just gotten better! I can't begin to tell you how stoked we are to be a part of this event. It's gonna be amazing! See you there!”
If you can’t make it down to Manly Beach for these awesome concerts, all is not lost as Channel [V] will be broadcasting LIVE from The Australian Open of Surfing from 4.30pm – 6.30pm on 17 and 18 February. Hosted by Channel [V]’s Danny Clayton, Billy Russell, Jane Gazzo and Carissa Walford, these 2-hour specials will feature live performances, artist interviews and highlights from the events. There will also be a very special edition of The Riff direct from Manly at 10.30am on Saturday 18 February.
Head down to Sydney’s Manly Beach to be front and centre for the [V] MUSIC STAGE and catch all the surfing and skating action of The Australian Open of Surfing.
[V] MUSIC STAGE
FREE LIVE PERFORMANCES FROM 4:00PM - 6:30PM ON MANLY BEACH
FRIDAY 17 FEBRUARY SATURDAY 18 FEBRUARY
Sneaky Sound System The Living End
Bluejuice Children Collide
Grant Smillie Stonefield
CAN’T BE THERE? TUNE IN TO CHANNEL [V]
[V] LIVE FROM THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN OF SURFING – LIVE TO AIR
Friday 17 & Saturday 18 February from 4:30pm-6:30pm on Channel [V]
THE RIFF LIVE FROM THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN OF SURFING – LIVE TO AIR
Saturday 18 February at 10.30am on Channel [V]
Destination NSW, along with major event partners Hurley and Billabong, expect The Australian Open of Surfing to inject more than $6 million into the local community.
For further information, please contact:
CHANNEL [V]: Rachel Antella, Publicist, p: 02 9813 7116 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN OF SURFING: Kylie Edwards, Director, m: 0422 233 996; e: email@example.com &
Ella Ryan, Communications Advisor, p: 02 8065 7363, m: 0412 209 190; e: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN OF SURFING:
The world’s best surfers and skaters, and hot Aussie musician’s, are set to converge at the birthplace of professional surfing, Manly Beach, Sydney, Australia for the country's biggest-ever surf, skate and music event; The Australian Open of Surfing, presented by Hurley and Billabong.
The first ever nine-day Australian Open of Surfing event will see an exciting mix of the world’s best surf athletes competing in 6-star men's and women's ASP-sanctioned surf contests, men's and women's pro junior star-events, a world-class skate bowl featuring the world’s best skateboarders and two live concerts on the Channel [V] music stage from some of Australia’s top musician’s. It's all happening from the 11th to 19th February, 2012 on iconic Manly Beach, Sydney ... and it’s all free!
Working closely with Destination NSW and Manly Council, the event will showcase the best of Sydney’s unique beach lifestyle and vibrant youth culture via surf, skate and music.
• Australian Open of Surfing Men’s ASP 6 Star event (14 – 19 February)
• Australian Open of Surfing Women’s ASP 6 Star event (13 – 19 February)
• Australian Open of Surfing Men’s Pro Junior ASP 4 Star event (11 – 12 February (heats), 18 February (finals))
• Australian Open of Surfing Women’s Pro Junior ASP 4 Star event (11 – 12 February (heats), 18 February (finals))
• Blackberry BBM Music Power 50 Super Sessions (18 – 19 February)
• The Beach Bowl at the Australian Open of Surfing Pro AM – Juniors (16 – 18 February)
• The Beach Bowl at the Australian Open of Surfing Pro AM Pro (16 – 19 February)
• The Beach Bowl at the Australian Open of Surfing Pro AM Pro Masters (16 – 19 February)
• Best Trick presented by Sony (19 February)
• Two live music concerts on the Channel [V] music stage (17 – 18 February)
Other events and activations
• Daily athlete appearances and signings in the Hurley and Billabong tent
• Hurley H20 water station hydrating the crowd and raising awareness about global water issues
• Australian Open of Surfing Scorecard allowing spectators to win a bunch of free stuff
• Live surf and skate webcast on www.australianopenofsurfing.com (13 – 19 February)
• Live surf and skate broadcast on Fuel TV (17 – 19 February)
• Live music broadcast on Channel [V] from 4.30pm – 6.30pm (17 – 18 February)
KEY MESSAGES FOR SPECTATORS:
• Free spectator event
• Alcohol free event
• Smoke free event
• In an effort to minimise waste, bottled water will not be sold at the event. Please bring your own water bottle to refill free at the event
• Parking is limited so please take public transport to and from the event - Sydney Ferries from the city // Sydney Buses from Northern Beaches and surrounds
• Don’t forget to bring a hat and sunscreen and to apply frequently throughout the day
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information on the event head to: www.australianopenofsurfing.com
Travelling to Sydney? Check out www.sydney.com
Images available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/cardinalspin/collections/