WILL AND THE PEOPLE. A new age group of musicians ever rising.
Hometown: The Rabbit Hole, UK
Record label: Baggy Trouser Music
History: Will left school and started Will and the People in early 2008… he went up and down and up and down as you do… and then met old school friends at Glastonbury 2010; Keo, Jim and Charlie… , they all played a gig in the rabbit hole Will had booked for himself…(on the condition he snuck in though) 10 people were there at the start… about 200 at the end.. Will and the People were born..
Will and The People are a collective of people who have decided to play and make music together forever… They are perfect for main stages at festivals, living rooms, sweaty packed pubs and clubs at 3am, in tents, fast cars, slow cars, and on boats… and in the morning sun with a bloody mary.. They all write songs and then play reggae, pop, grunge, ska, and house 4 to the floor… and mix them all together.. Its fun.. it is honest, very catchy, and rather interesting when they really get going… they don't really have a setlist, and have loads of songs so every show is different.. , (Currently the band, the magician and the producer all live under the same roof.. which means they can afford to be spontaneous, as they can read each other very well..) , the band don't really argue, and they work together… because of this they are doing very well this year..
“Our music seems to have become a security for some people, which tells us we are doing something right and it is worth pursuing confidently as we are… there is nothing better than knowing it effects people… except maybe watching them dance in the moments… we know that love is to share”
(They would recommend sangria on the beach to accompany it.. but… it just as well hits the spot for dreamers, rioters, weirdos, loners, and the supercool people who pretend they don't like it while we ALL do… go on have a listen.. )
• Played at Music Matters 2011 to great acclaim! Supported Paolo Nutini, The Script, The Hoosiers and Girls aloud on their last UK and Europe tours
• Shared stages with the likes of Kings Of Leon, The Police, The Stranglers, KT Tunstall, The Correspondants, Plan B, Ellie Goulding, Vampire Weekend, Kate Tempest, Scroobius Pip, Babyshambles and many more…
• Played the majority of UK festivals last year like Glastonbury, Secret Garden Party, T in the Park, Oxygen and Beach Break Live, and played at the Monaco Grand Prix 2010, returning this year, as well as Glastonbury 2011, Lowlands (NE) 2011, Secret Garden Party 2011, Beach Break Live 2011 and Isle of Wight Festival 2011 amongst many other UK festivals.
• Toured Europe and self produced and sold 5000 copies of their debut EP at the gigs, which is available on iTunes and Amazon and has currently sold nearly 10, 000 copies to date
• Set up their own record label Baggy Trouser Music and recorded and produced a debut album, which is released this summer worldwide…,
• Moved into a house together and set up a studio and rehearsal space for themselves, funded by fans in the city. 2012 will see them release music in multiple territories and tour Asia , Australia & Canada
Will and the People's second album 'Friends' will be released in 2012.
“A wee man with a big voice, these shows are kicking off!” – Paolo Nutini
“They are upping our game by playing before us!” Danny O’Donoghue – The Script
“A very talented young man” – Chris Difford – Squeeze
“Massively Charismatic, full of energy” – Mick Ralphs – Mott The Hoople/Bad Co
“I want to be in Will and the People!” – Sarah Harding – Girls Aloud
WILL AND THE PEOPLE ARE:
WIll Rendle, James Keo, Jim Ralphs, Charlie Harman and Jamie Rendell
Sorry, there are no events matching your criteria.